Sweet Potato Toast
Fair warning - sweet potato toast is about to become your new obsession.
Some argue that this may just be a food trend, but for me, this is a mainstay! I find myself going to sleep at night, looking forward to breakfast in the morning. It is inexpensive, a great way to gain some morning fuel and will keep you full until lunchtime! I like to pair two pieces of toast with 3 egg whites for a protein-packed morning start. Top with peanut butter, fresh fruit and a dash of cinnamon or add on a fresh mix of avocado and tomato - you won't be disappointed.
Serving Size (1 large sweet potato yields 4 slices)
- Sweet Potato
- Frozen Blueberries
- Cinnamon (just a sprinkle goes a long way)
For the Sweet Potato Toast:
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil
2. Once boiling, add sweet potatoes and let sit in water for 10 minutes
3. After 10 minutes, remove from heat and let cool
4. While cooling, set oven/toaster oven to broil
5. Slice in 1" thick strips lengthwise
6. Toast for 4-6 minutes, or until sweet potato has reached desired texture