The Break Down:
Serving Size (4-6 servings)
- Banza Chickpea Pasta - 1 box
- San Marzano Diced Tomatoes - 2, 28 oz. cans
- Tomato Paste - 1, 5 oz. can
- Pitted Kalamata Olives - 1/2 cup
- Capers - 1, 2 oz. jar
- Shallot - 1, chopped
- Anchovy Paste - 1 tbsp.
- Crushed Red Chili Peppers - 1 tbsp.
- Red Wine Vinegar - 1/4 cup
- EVOO - 2 tbsp.
- Garlic - 4 cloves, minced
1. In a large pot, add 2 tbsp. of EVOO along with shallot, garlic and red pepper flakes over medium heat, allowing to infuse the oil but ensuring the garlic does not burn
2. As shallot begins to soften and turn translucent, add olives, capers, anchovy paste and tomato paste
3. Add dash of salt and black pepper and stir ingredients
4. Include two cans of diced tomatoes and additional dash of salt and pepper
5. Add the red wine vinegar and raise heat, bringing the sauce to a boil
6. Once sauce begins to bubble, lower heat and let sauce simmer for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally
7. After sauce has been simmering for 20 minutes, bring a separate pot of salted water to boil
8. Cook chickpea pasta (or pasta of choice) as directed, but removing pasta from cooking 1 minute prior to as directed
9. Add pasta to the sauce, raise heat and coat the pasta with the Puttanesca for final minute
10. Take sauce off heat, serve and enjoy!