Lemon Artichoke Chicken Penne
Serving Size (4 servings)
For the Pasta:
- Red Lentil or Chickpea Penne
- Artichoke - chopped, 1/2 lb. (here I used some marinated in EVOO purchased from local market)
- Shallot - 1, minced
- Lemon - juice of 2
- Peas - frozen, 2 cups
- Basil - 1 cup
- Parsley - 1/2 bunch
- Thyme - 1 tsp.
- Garlic - 2 cloves, minced
- White Wine Vinegar - 1/4 cup
- Dry White Wine - 1/4 cup
- Vegetable Stock - 1.5 cup
- EVOO - 2 tbsp.
For the Chicken:
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast - 2
- Onion Powder - 1/4 tsp.
- Unsalted Butter - 1/2 tbp.
- EVOO - 2 tbsp.
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees (for the chicken). Season both sides of chicken with salt, pepper and onion powder and set aside.
2. In a large pot, add 2 tbsp of EVOO, half of the fresh basil, minced shallot and garlic
3. Put to medium-high temp and sprinkle with salt and pepper, stirring occasionally
4. In a separate small pot, bring water to boil and cook penne (removing from heat one minute prior to directions on box and saving a bit of the salted water that the pasta was cooked in)
5. As shallot begins to turn color in large pot, add chopped artichokes to cook down (3-5 minutes)
6. Add half of the lemon juice, all of the vegetable stock, white wine, white wine vinegar and raise heat to high
7. Once simmering, add frozen peas and allow mixture to reduce slightly (about 7-10 minutes)
8. In a sauté pan, add 2 tbsp of EVOO and butter to medium-high heat
11. Add chicken to pan and lightly brown on both sides (about 2 minutes on each side)
12. Once both sides of chicken are lightly browned, place sauté pan in oven for 6-8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (be sure that your sauté pan is oven safe!!!)
13. Once the sauce mixture has slightly reduced, add chopped parsley and grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
14. Add the cooked pasta and the reserved pasta water to sauce mixture
15. Slice up the cooked chicken into strips and mix into the pasta
16. Add additional lemon juice, salt and pepper
17. Mix and enjoy!