Tempeh Black Bean Tacos by Guest Chef Kim Frazitta
- Tempeh - 1, 8 oz. package
- Black Beans - 1, 15 oz. can
- Low Sodium Vegetable Broth - 1/4 cup
- Taco Seasoning - 2 tbsp.
- Yellow Onion - 1/2 diced
- Garlic - 2 cloves, minced
- Jalapeño - 1, diced (optional)
- Coconut Flour Tortillas (or tortillas of choice)
- EVOO - 1 tbsp.
- Suggested Taco Toppings: sautéed mushrooms, avocado, red onion, tomatoes, jalapeño, cilantro, corn, lettuce, nutritional yeast
Sriracha Yogurt Sauce:
- Almond Milk Yogurt - 4 oz. (or non-dairy yogurt of choice)
- Sriracha - 1 tbsp.
1. Break up tempeh in to small pieces. In medium size bowl combine tempeh, taco seasoning, and broth/water. Mix well and let sit to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
2. While tempeh is marinating, prep onion, garlic, jalapeños, and your choice of toppings
3. Heat olive oil in pan over medium heat, once warm, add garlic, onion, and jalapeño. Saute for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant
4. Add tempeh to pan and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring often. Add black beans and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes
5. Warm tortillas on a dry sauté pan, or leave cold depending on preference.
6. Assemble tacos with tempeh black bean mixture, toppings of choice, and aioli.
Directions for Sriracha Yogurt Aioli:
1. Mix almond milk yogurt and Sriracha in a small bowl, viola!